Sunday, July 13, 2014

Kombucha and Dandelion Root Tea

Yeah...so, I bet you didn't anticipate this would turn into a cooking blog too, huh? hahahaha  Well, even though I truly believe a healthy diet is very much a part of spiritual practice, I promise not to do many of these.   I felt it was the best way to show Kate Sitka that I already am a weirdo that digs up my dandelions to consume.  I make a point to ask Inara to blow the dandelion puffs as much as possible to grow a new harvest for the following year. lol
While I am no longer making my own kombucha right now, I would like to start again only try using a white tea that has less caffeine. 

Here are a series of pictures of the first komucha scoby I grew from a bottle of store bought kombucha.

Day 1
Day 4
Day 4.5
Day 5.5
Day 10

Left jar is finished kombucha and scoby.  The middle and right are a fresh batch I started.

Cultures For Health is where I found a good video to instruct me on how to make my own kombucha and scoby.


Now here is my dandelion root tea project.  Let me just say, I LOVE this type of tea and it is incredibly good for you.  Some of the benefits I have copy/pasted are listed here at this MindBodyGreen:
  1. It improves digestion and aids weight loss.
  2. It eases congestion of the liver.
  3. It helps to purify the bladder and kidneys.
  4. It reduces the risk of urinary tract infections.
  5. It contains calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, potassium, vitamins B and C.
  6. It helps to purify the blood, regulate blood sugar and improves blood circulation.
  7. It helps to ease bloating and aching joints.
  8. It helps to cure skin conditions.



If you have a lawn that chemical fertilizers are not used on and you have abundant dandelions, you can go this this SITE to learn how to make your own dandelion root tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment